Trail of Cthulhu - SoFo
Church of Starry Wisdom
The Church of Starry Wisdom was founded in Providence in 1844, when Prof. Enoch Bowen, during an archaeological expedition in Egypt, discovered an artifact known as the Shining Trapezohedron. This was variously described as a “window upon all of time and space,” or an object which could summon the Haunter of the Dark, apparently an aspect of Nyarlathotep.
The Church officially disbanded in 1877, when the Shining Trapezohedron is believed to have been thrown into Narragansett Bay. However, the Church continued to operate in one form or another, in Yorkshire (1880-1890) and Arkham (1920s).